Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Playing With Patterns

My Latest Obsession: CHEVRON PATTERNS


I got out my Speedball-Linoleum-Cutter a white vinyl pencil eraser and carved away!
Of coarse, you can use any vinyl eraser you wish and achieve the same results.
If you have a local dollar store near you, these vinyl erasers come in a pack.
If you are new to carving, then practicing on these are the way to go. 


My chevron stamp.  


This pattern inspires me...



makes me happy today!


 These tags were created for my "stash" of papers.
I downloaded the FREE chevron pattern from here melstampz.blogspot.com
Honestly, it was one of those projects 
I never got around to finishing... until now!
My idea was to punch out tags and incorporate them into my art journaling. 
Glad I decided to un-hoard and put the paper to good use. 


What pattern inspires you, makes you happy today?

Enjoy.



17 comments:

  1. Love your hand carved chevrons, April. Look so effective too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool April...I've often wanted to make my own patterns and rubber stamps but not real sure where to buy the rubber..i know some people use erasers but do you know where to get larger ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debbie
      So glad you asked...
      Now that it is August, purchasing school supplies are available throughout all your local department stores, keep your eyes open for the "BIG Pink PEARL ERASER"!!
      I did see it at Michael's :]
      Best of luck. ~xx

      Delete
  3. These chevrons are totally cool! Glad you are having such fun with your work! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... THANK YOU, Valerie! ~xx
      Enjoy your visit here. :]

      Delete
  4. What's not to love about a chevron? Great for a focal point, great for a background, great for modern & graphic. I've yet to try cutting erasers though I have a couple from the $1 store....so much to try, so little time. Though you've reminded me, I think I have some chevron paper tucked away somewhere......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Terrie
      Super fun... enjoy your chevron patterned paper! :]

      Delete
  5. Oh, you are a stamp carver too!! I am seeing so many people create such wonderful hand-carved stamps, and I have bought all the supplies I need to do it. I just need to DO it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andria
      YES!! Just do it. LOL :]
      It is very relaxing too... art therapy. ~xx

      Delete
  6. Ah making stamps are always so much fun. Love your chevrons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kate
      Thank you, glad you like them. Enjoy the inspiration... ~xx

      Delete
  7. I've never been a fan of chevron, but you've made me look at them with new eyes. Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your chevrons! I know I don't have any chevron paper, but I did pick up a chevron rubberstamp at Michael's for a dollar a few months ago. You'll see the results soon in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Karenann
      Yes, I love your chevon tag, you created... "BEAUTIFUL WORK, AS ALWAYS!"
      You made my day, thank you :-]

      Delete
  9. A great stamp - those chevrons look so good!

    ReplyDelete