Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wishcasting Wednesday- Prompt #3

What do I wish for this winter...?
And you would accept the seasons of your heart,
just as you have always accepted 
that seasons pass over your fields
and
you would watch with serenity 
through the winters of your grief.
~ Kahlil Gibran
I wish to...
- reflect - accept - heal -
It is during the winter months that nature becomes dormant.
What could we learn from this?
What could I learn from mother nature?
If we do not accept the quiet and inactive state
that surrounds us...
when do you find the time to reflect?

source
***
I have found through refection, when winter presents itself...
I am being given permission to slow it down.
An invitation.
To pause and quietly gather up what is inside of us.

I wish to...
take Winter's invitation and gather in it's silence.
To accept the dormant state of being.
Allowing time to heal, nurture, and with this,
the promise of new growth in the end!

I invite you to Winter's invitation...
Will you join me?
***





12 comments:

  1. I am borrowing part of your writing as an invitation to further writing:

    I wish to...
    - reflect - accept - heal -
    It is during the winter months that nature becomes dormant.
    What could we learn from this?
    What could I learn from mother nature?
    If we do not accept the quiet and inactive state
    that surrounds us...
    when do you find the time to reflect?

    >> what a blessing you are in so many ways!

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also... (and I wish many will RSVP to the invitation!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. EXACTLY! Reflect, my wish too :)
    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending smiles/ and hugs!!
    Merry Christmas !!
    Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ladies, for wishing along beside me! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post - offered me much to consider. To slow down and be quiet. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this post as well! I need to do the same. Nice thing to think about and try to accomplish! Next week is all about slowing down for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. as you wish I wish for you April. I'm looking forward to that time as well. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful - and necessary - wish. Here's to many quiet hours of restoration and renewal for you this Winter season.

    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also.

    (By the way, the link that is on the WCW post isn't working. I had to come in through a different way :)...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely post... And very much what I've been thinking the last couple of days as well. I struggle with SAD and am trying a new approach to the restful, healing power of the winter season. Thanks for your addition.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reflection is the key component to anyone who wishes to write and winter is a great time to do so. Turn off the tv, go to an empty room and reconcile yourself with the life you have chosen. Then write it all down. Great post.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thoughtful wish. Healthy approach.
    As April wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete