Saturday, May 14, 2011

FYI - Thrift Reading

FYI
A Book Guide for Thrifty Readers

I myself... enjoy yard sales, thrift stores, 
 and coming across junk (trash to others) left on the side of the street.
As a creative person...
I see endless possibilities, to what another person considers trash.
Using recyclable materials 
to create a crafty project 
which becomes a beautiful "artsy" handmade item...
completes me as an artist... 
craftswoman...
 person with a vision...
a
silly heart!
List of Books for Thrifty Readers:

#1
#2
#3
#4
#5
#6
#7
#8
In the spirit of 
thrifty thinking...
I purchased this ceramic egg platter for - .50 cents
before

after

Anthropologie (left) 
 $24.00
Tell you the truth... 
I like mine better!
I now have a ceramic color-wheel egg platter, which I can hang on the wall.
Think thrifty...
Have a wonderful Saturday!







9 comments:

  1. if I am being honest - I love yours more as well!! I love finding 'rubbish' to turn into something beautiful - when my son was in beavers (mini cubs) he went on a trip - all the other boys bought their mothers a pretty trinket - my son brought me a rusty old washer he found on the floor - the leader apologised profusely but said he was insistent mum would love it - she was amazed when I told her I was thrilled with it! I was proud of me boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great platter - eggcellent, eggciting, eggstra special! I love *junk* too, I am always amazed what others throw away! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful - what a fabulous idea. I like yours more too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you clever "one-upping" Anthropologie! Good for you, and very creative repurposing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is wonderful.. I love yours.. great books too.... aaah books are so my weakness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies! *blushing*
    I really had a fun time recreating the platter.
    Yes...books are my weakness too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your platter, too!
    Very inspiring!

    So glad I found you through the miz kate dot com Artist blog hop!
    I am your newest blog follower. :)
    Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

    I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!

    Best,
    Mary C. Nasser
    http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun and thrifty idea! I like that you put it on the wall too as I have been thinking about that lately as I run out of space on shelves and such. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad I found your site - it's wonderful! I have to say - if Anthropologie is selling 'those' egg thingamajigs, then you definitely need to go into business !!! Hands down yours is so much nicer! Thanks for all the wonderful inspiration and ideas - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete