Monday, March 28, 2011

When I grow up I want to be...


What were your dreams...?
Did you chase butterflies...
Draw with your fingers in the sky...
make dollhouses out of cardboard boxes...
tie ribbons on your handle bars, because you are self expressive...
Did you tell everyone, with such excitement...
"When I grow up, I want to be an artist!"

paper doll
created by
April Cole
Are you still searching...
trying to find that right time to be creative?
Or
Are you living your dream...
chasing it down...
 getting a firm grip of it...
and
holding on to it tight?!
It is your dream!
It might not always be peaches and cream.
You will have to make compromises...
be consistent and productive...
have a plan that meets your goals.
Some days you will be exploding with creativity;
while others you will wish for any little spark.
 but I promise you...
you won't regret it!
 Being creative is a journey.
A life journey, down a very colorful road.
And yes...
"when I grow up, I want to be an artist!"
Enjoy this
free
downloadable
Mille Bornes - retro playing card print


2 comments:

  1. I thank you for this post, I was told by my parents that you will never make a living out of art so get a proper job.

    It's only now through blogging I am beginning to believe that I am an artist and maybe one day I will be able to make a living doing what I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree... blogging allows you to connect with like-minded people!
    Yes!! I believe you are an artist, Dawn.
    As long as you love what you are doing, you will find a way to make everything possible... live your dreams! :]
    oxox

    ReplyDelete