Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone-studio update

Our 
artistic 
COMFORT ZONE
I'll be the first to admit...
yes
I favor 
certain art materials...
more than others.

Don't get me wrong...
I enjoy
playing around with
verity
of materials.

Being a mixed-media artist...
there is so many 
techniques...
a world of ways to apply mediums...
a range of flexibility...
the results of a finished piece is endless.

Yet,
still find myself reaching for 
"my favorite"art supplies...
because
I KNOW
what the end result will be.



Over the weekend...
I decided 
to challenge myself...

grabbed the metallic paints... 
dabbled in some glitter...

love my hearts...


End result...
I had a great time 
playing in
my art studio.

Got comfortable using
a few mediums 
I personally... 
do not 
otherwise 
apply too often.







2 comments:

  1. I think challenging ourselves is something we should all do more of... here here April.. good for you!

    ReplyDelete